What is ozonetherapy?
Ozone therapy involves the administration of ozone (O3) at different concentrations depending on the disease to be treated, in order to cure or improve the patient's health condition. Ozone is the triatomic form of oxygen (O3), obtained from pure oxygen, through a physical process, an electrical discharge occurs in an apparatus designed for this purpose (ozone generators), and provides different ozone concentrations depending on the disease to be treated.
What are the therapeutic effects of ozone?
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Improves the oxygen supply throghout the body.
- Promotes the detoxifying function of the liver.
- Improves liver lesions produced by alcohol or viruses (hepatitis).
- Strongly reduces blood lipids.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps the body to better support other treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Effectively combat stress.
- Improves overall condition.
What diseases can be treated?
|Internal Medicine||Acute hepatitis C and chronic liver disease, chronic liver disease (hepatitis C and B) hepatic cirrhosis, hypercholesterolemia, lymphedema, colibacillosis, anal eczema, hemorrhoids, proctitis, constipation, ulcerative colitis (Crohn's disease), gastritis, gastric ulcer and duodenal cancer , HIV, etc.|
|Traumatology and Reumatology||Herniated Disc, arthritis, rheumatic fever, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis, back pain, sciatic pain, periarthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, osteoarthritis, osteomyelitis, spinal osteochondrosis, knee osteoarthritis, spondylosis, ankylosing spondylitis, synovitis, tendonitis, bursitis, trochanteritis, hip osteoarthritis, epicondylitis (tennis elbow), pubalgia, ischial bursitis, post-surgical fibrosis, etc.|
|Neurology||Migraines, trigeminal neuralgia, post-herpetic neuralgia, circulatory headache, cluster headache, Parkinson's disease, depression, etc.|
|Angiology Phlebology||Venous insufficiency, diabetic ulcer, diabetic foot, pressure sores (bedsores), varicose veins, spider veins, degenerative vascular diseases (arteriosclerosis obliterans), lymphangitis, furunculosis, recent thrombophlebitis, flebiáticas diseases, gangrene, etc.|
|Cardiology||Ischemic heart disease, cardiac stenosis, angina pectoris, venous hypertension syndrome, hypertension, etc...|
|Immunology||Adjuvant radiotherapy and chemotherapy of cancer and acquired immune deficiency (AIDS).|
|Geriatrics||Senile dementia, Alzheimer's, arteriosclerosis, cerebral sclerosis and Parkinson's.|
|Oftalmology||Open-angle glaucoma, optic neuropathy, retinitis pigmentosa and age-related macular degeneration.|
|Otolaryngology||Cloceovestibular syndrome, chronic tonsillitis, pharyngitis and peripheral vestibulococlear infectious syndrome.|
|Gynecology||Chronic pelvic inflammation, vulvovaginitis repeat, tumors, metaplasia, dysplasia, genito-urinary infections by viruses, fungi / bacteria, mastodinea, menopausal syndrome, puerperal infections and inflammations.|
|Pediatrics||Autism, Down syndrome, spastic cerebral palsy, asthma, sinusitis, ear infections, dermatitis, etc.|
|Dermatology||Cellulitis, herpes simplex and zoster, acne, eczema, herpetic ulcers, cutaneous viral infections, burn / wound healing, alopecia, psoriasis, dermatitis and onychomycosis.|
Relevant Links to Ozonetherapy
- Madrid Declaration on Ozonetherapy
- AEPROMO (Spanish Medical Association of Professionals in Ozonetherapy)
- ISCO3 (International Scientific Committee of Ozonetherapy)
- IMEOF (Internacional Medical Federation of Ozone)
- Major Autohemotherapy:Taking blood from patients by aseptic closed circuit; it is ozonated and reintroduced by the same means to the patient.
- Minor Autohemotherapy: Taking blood from patients, it is ozonated and injected intramuscularly (as a self-vaccine).
- Rectal Insufflations:Administration of small enemas of this gas using a rectum catheter.
- Bladder and vaginal insufflations.
- Topical application using a bell, tube, bag and vaginal device: Used in skin lesions like psoriasis, varicose ulcers, diabetic foot, vaginal candidiasis, herpes zoster, burns, etc.
- Topical applications of ozonated oil and ozonated water.
- Otic insufflations combined with application of ozonated oil in otitis. The pain usually subsides in less than 2 hours.
- Para-spinal muscle infiltrations and intra-articular pathologies in treating painful spine and joints. Neither anesthesia nor sedation is needed. It is very well tolerated.
- Intradiscal infiltrations:Discolysis for the treatment of herniated discs. Procedure performed in the operating room under fluoroscopic guidance. More information here.
- Infiltrations on trigger and acupuncture points.
- Nasal insufflation for treatment of rhinitis and sinusitis.
- Sublingual insufflationwith catheter contacting the oral mucosa.
- Mesotherapy: In case of cellulites micro injections applications in higher fat areas.
- Intraperitoneal: it is a complementary way to treat cancer in advanced stages. Procedure performed in the operating room under fluoroscopic guidance.
Be warned that the direct intravenous gas does not have the favorable support of various scientific associations of ozone therapy because it is not a safe practice.
- Favism, recent myocardial infarction, bleeding disorders, severe anemia, hyperthyroidism and severe malnutrition unbalanced.
- Caution in hyperthyroidism and anticoagulated patients.